Keeping Your Account Secure
We are here to help.
Easy security measures that can make your account much more secure and safer. This measures are fast and very secure, keep your account confidential by applying this safety measures.
- Create a long, complex passhrase or password. We strongly recommend using a password manager like 1password.
- Do not use the same password for your Tidal account as you use for other accounts.
- Keep your computer software up to date with security updates.
- Keep your password private.
- Be alert against possible phishing attempts. We’ll never ask for your password.
- Enable two-factor authentication (or 2FA). This is a process that verifies your identity with two or more components.
Two Factor Authentication
What's Two Factor Authentication?
Historically online systems have used usernames and passwords to authenticate users. They are still the most common form of user authentication. Unfortunately people often create bad passwords that are easily guessed, or they re-use passwords across many websites. If one of these other sites is compromised, they can use your username and password on other sites until they find one that lets them in. Two-factor authentication was created to enhance security by adding another layer. Your username and password are something you know, but two-factor codes are generated by something you have.
How It Works?
After you enter your username and password we prompt for a code. This code is either generated on something like your phone, or by your password manager, or it’s something we’ve called or texted you with. This way even if your password is stolen or your phone is lost someone else wouldn’t be able to get in with just one and not the other. Strong passwords are still very important, and you can read more about how to make strong passwords.Read more about updating your authentication settings.